Monday, March 7, 2011

Pages of My Diary... *Belief of Sight*

Belief of Sight
Poetess: Saman Tariq
Written : 2008

People thought I had it all 
While i went through a silent fall
Did they ever try to feel?
The truth that my eyes conceal!
All they could see was What I had
The things I did, The Clothes I Clad
They saw in me a rising star
And not the pain, the hidden scar
They only believed what they could see
They never imagined what I could be
I had the power to conquer the earth
To give humanity a brand new birth
I could reach beyond the stars
They dint yet know my hidden powers

But all I lacked was the devotion
I was over whelmed by Emotion
I'd lost the power to realize
To see my identity through my eyes
I'd lost the complete track of time
I'd committed an unworthy crime.. 

The crime to enter this cruel life 
That seemed gentle but hurt like a knife
I too, had believed what my eyes saw
I learnt when I had been trapped in its claw
The glittery stuff was never Gold
In a market where values were sold
Where all was dealt, based on Cost
All thought they'd win, but finally Lost

And so all judged be by my price
When I knew my sacrifice 
I knew my worth was much more
But i stood hidden behind a door
My freedom had been denied its life
To gain it back is an endless strife
And so I try to barely Crawl
While People still Think.. 
I have it All !

No comments:

Post a Comment